Monday, May 25, 2009

The Support Beam Work is Almost Done

The work forming up the support beams is just about complete and they will start to pour the cement tomorrow. The heavy rain and thunder storms that came through the last couple of nights has slowed construction and made a mess at the job site. I just hope that we don't have another storm pass through tonight. The plumbing is just about all in and except for a couple of minor changes, everything is ready to go.




This is when the house build really begins. They will start to bring in all the fill dirt beginning on Wednesday, and that will probably take a couple of days to complete. Then, by Monday, they might be ready to start pouring the floor. That will probably be the last part of the build that I will see before heading home. I wish I could stay longer and watch more, but I've got places to be and people to see. Just talking about it makes me feel like I'm back in the rat race. Maybe I will be, but I will be starting from last place and taking my time. The race goes on without me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perry,

Tom Fisher here, your across the street neighbor. Have enjoyed following your blog and the local goins on. Sorry we will miss you. We arrive for a couple of weeks July 2nd....

If I can take pics for you while I'm there, no problem, but figure John is sending those along....

Great new picture on the blog header. The reflection off the water when it is like glass is, as depicted, beautiful....

See you south o the border sometime!

Perry and Mischelle said...

Hi Tom,
Glad you like the blog. Your garage is just about finished on the outside. Lookin' good. Please take some pics of our place so I will have more to choose from for the blog. Our e-mail, imachow@hotmail.com. Sorry I'll miss you. I met Mario and his wife when they stayed at your place. Nice people. Belize is waiting for you. It's as beautiful as always.
PC