Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another Beautiful Sunday

It's another quiet Sunday, here in Consejo. The air is still and warm, a perfect day to go down to the water, pull up a chair and do a little reading.







Donna and Jeanne are getting ready to leave this week and I am scheduled to leave next week. The time has flown by, but at the same time I feel as though I've slowed down. City life will be interesting but there are a few things at home that I miss while I'm here. A juicy In-and-Out burger, an Italian cold cut sandwich and a good selection of beer. Not much, but it's something you will never get down here.



When I get back, I will spend a couple of days at home and then it is off to Las Vegas for our niece's high school graduation. I will be going from a place with few extras to a place where excess is the norm. What a change that will be. Did someone say "room service". We'll spend a couple of days at the Flamingo and a couple of days at Caesar's Palace. We have tickets to see Bette Midler and I heard she puts on a good show, so I am looking forward to that.



Also when I get back, I will need to learn to live with just one car between Mischelle and I. It's never really been a problem, because most of the time we are together. But there are times when you need a second car. Now that the Toyota is a Belizian truck, we will have to figure things out. We will need another SUV or van when we bring the dogs to Belize, so maybe we'll just get one a little earlier.

No comments: