Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's a Sad Day

My contractor, John Harris, has invited me out to his home on Four Mile lagoon a couple of times since I have been here. I've posted on the blog about the wonderful curry rice dishes that he can cook up. I may be able to squeeze the recipe out of him, in time.

He also has 3 dogs, one of which is Winston, an English Bulldog puppy, not quite a year old. Think of a Boxer with the red brindle look. The only pictures I seem to have of him are of his butt or sleeping under a table. A cute, personable dog that only wants attention.

Unfortunately, Winston was in an accident yesterday evening and there was nothing the Vet could do to save him. My heart goes out to John and his girlfriend, Ada, over their loss. Having a couple of dogs myself, they become a member of the family, especially a puppy. It's funny how they can change your outlook after a long day. They don't care how your day went. You're home now and that's all they care about.

It makes me miss my dogs that much more. But, there is a reason dogs don't live as long as we do. It's so they can be there at heavens gate to help show us the way. And they'll keep waiting for you there, just like they keep waiting for you to get home.

No comments: