Sunday, April 25, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Now that I'm back home, it was time to pop over to the Camarillo airport to see my "brothers in the air", Mike and Jeff. It had been a couple of months since I had last flown and I was anxious to fly. I got there around 10:30, hoping that the morning fog had burnt off. Not quite yet. The ATIS report said the ceiling was nine hundred feet and patchy. Seemed like a good time to go over some ground instruction and do a pre-flight on the plane. Soon, the fog had burnt off, we had the thousand foot ceiling we needed and it was time to fly.




It was a beautiful day, and although we had a 10 knot crosswind, there were several people at the airport, ready to fly. I was a little rusty in the beginning and my first attempt at a landing was a little shaky. The crosswind was making it tough to land. But after that, I settled down and it was time to have some fun.






It didn't take long to get back in the groove. Great instuction from Jeff and a few takeoff and landings and I was back as "pilot in command". Almost. I was able to get about three hours of flying time in yesterday and today and I hope to be flying solo in a week or two. Time to hit the books so I can pass the written test.

No comments: