Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No News, Good News?

It's been about 10 days since my last update from the construction site and I'm still waiting. I haven't heard from John Harris about the windows or the roof pour, that happened on Sunday, so I have to assume that everything is going OK. So, while I wait for new pictures, there are other things I can do.


I continue my research on hurricane windows and I am now just waiting on pricing from the various places. It looks like there are some good options that won't break the bank. I am also looking for something that is easy to ship, store and install. These are the current options I am looking at, but I hope to hear from friends in the hurricane zone that actually use the products. Not much use for hurricane shutters here in California.
Aluminum Panel
Steel Panel

Polycarbonate Panel
Kevlar Fabric Panel


Pip and Jason, who are building next door, have just sold their home in Canada and are now starting to really plan for the big move. I wish we were to that point, but we're not quite there yet.


The remodeling continues at our Camarillo home, with the hope to sell the house before the beginning of the new year. The market is starting to pick up and the interest rates remain low. There are not a lot of homes for sale in our neighborhood, so hopefully that is a good sign that our house may sell quickly. We are now starting to go over our storage options for our furniture and household goods along with trying to decide what we will bring to Belize. I can already see that January will be here before I know it.

No comments: