Monday, April 28, 2014

The Boys of Summer

Baseball season is here, so it was time for us to go see a ball game. Our friend Jordan had purchased 12 tickets to the LA Dodgers vs. Colorado Rockies game on Sunday, April 27th.


It was a perfect day for baseball with clear skies and the temperature in the upper 70's.  We found a parking spot right away, only a short distance from our entrance gate.


Soon after we arrived, we stood in a line, that we thought was taking us to our seats.  Little did we know that we were in the line to parade around the baseball field.  It was Little League day at Dodger Stadium and they were giving away Hanley Ramirez jerseys to all the kids in attendance and allowing them to get on the field, prior to the game.  I had never been on the field at Dodger Stadium, so this was a great opportunity to enjoy the baseball stadium from a different point of view.


While on the field, I had to reenact a "catch at the wall" pose.  Only wish I had a ball in the glove.  Or maybe, the ball just went over the wall and I couldn't jump high enough to get it.  Yah, that's it.


Maybe there were just too many people in the way.


It was a fun experience and I'm glad we ended up in the wrong line.  For all I know, we could have been in the hot dog or beer line, and that would have been fine with me.


I was going to buy a Dodgers hat, but they were $36, and that's way too much for a baseball cap.  Angels cap?  Maybe. Besides, it would cut into my beer money ($13.75 per beer).   I had only brought $50 because our seats were in the right field pavilion, in the all-you-can-eat section.  Yep.  All the Dodger Dogs your stomach could handle.  Same with the nachos, peanuts and popcorn.  And the Dodgers newest rookie phenom, Puig, was there in front of us, in right field.



The Dodgers were playing for there 10,000th win in the organizations history, so there was a lot of excitement in the air. But alas, the Dodgers didn't give us much to cheer about, as they ended up losing to the Rockies, 6-1.


It was a great day to watch a baseball game, now it was time to head home and watch the Clippers, Ducks and Kings all try to advance in the playoffs. I was able to see a Clippers game last month at the Staple's Center. I turned down Laker tickets.  Just couldn't watch the meltdown.  I think everyone has turned down the Laker tickets.  April is a good month if you're a sports fan.  Baseball, soccer, basketball, hockey and golf.  An Angel game is next on my agenda.  Maybe then I'll save my beer money and buy that hat.

No comments: